Monday, August 8, 2011

Trying to find my way....

I've noticed that I bounce around with my photography...I shoot about everything.  Landscape, architecture, still, and an occasional portrait.  Oddly enough...The one I do the least, intrigues and inspires me the most!

Landscape, architecture, and stills seem to be more about the technical aspect of photography.  When done right...It invokes and emotion and you connect with it.  I can look at this kind of photography all day long and appreciate it but not necessarily feel it or me overly motivated to shoot it...

I have noticed with portrait photography, the emotional connection seems to be almost instant for me.  I have been reading a lot about portrait and environmental photography and I find both very interesting. 

In my search for info, I ran across Danny Santos II and his street photography.  He has a blog called "shooting strangers in orchard road" that's dedicated to taking shots of strangers on the street and he gets some amazing shots.  He sounds like he is a ball of nerves on every shot.  That's has to be a bit of a rush.  I commend him for having the nerves.

I think I will have to work up my nerves to get to that point... I feel I have a way to go before I start doing traditional portraits. Its a just a nerves thing. 

Here is one of my recent shots.... This is Bella. To say that she likes being in front of the camera is an understatement.  She would let me take pictures all day long.  If only they were all that easy...
 





No comments:

Post a Comment