Friday, March 19, 2010

3/19/10 - Tumble dry if needed....

So this is one of the ideas that I had during my break.  I got home from work early and figured I would try it out.  The hardest part was figuring out how to rig it up.  This was inspired by the refrigerator picture. 
There was a little difficulty with getting enough light inside the dryer.  I tried the flash but I lost the motion of the towels.  The lights in my laundry room are florescent an the combo made lighting difficult.  I think I'm going to have to come back to this one with more light inside and the same light outside.  The picture is noisy due to the high ISO I had to use to get a decent exposure. Looks like I need a faster lens!  I liked the concept.  Till tomorrow....

3 comments:

  1. How in the world did you get a picture like that ? It looks like you'd have to have the camera inside the dryer to do it ???

    Good job !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You get a weird feeling when you turn your dryer on with your camera in it. The issue was trying to find a way to mount it to the back wall of the dryer.

    I have a shaving mirror that has 4 suction cups and a piece of metal at the bottom that's bent at 90 degrees. This worked as a perfect mount and shelf to sit my camera on. I use Velcro strips to hold the camera to the mirror as it was stuck to the back wall of the dryer.

    I'm going to come back to this one. When I do...I'll take set up shots. I need to figure out the lighting situation first.

    ReplyDelete