Thursday, January 28, 2010

28 of 365 - Light Painting

I found a couple of those glow in the dark necklaces in the little guys room when I came home tonight.  The first thing I thought of was lets do some light painting.  To make this happen...I held the shutter open for about 10 seconds while spinning these two necklaces around my finger while the camera is exposing. Here is the result.
I wasn't really happy with the way they came out.  The original looks like fire but was still kind of boring.  So I played with the colors a little bit in post processing.
This is inverting the colors.
 The technique is off a bit on these...but I think I got the creativity side. I think I had more fun playing with the picture in GIMP than actually shooting it. Which is your favorite?  Till tomorrow....

2 comments:

  1. I like all of them, I think it is interesting to see the difference color makes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fire is the coolest, but the transparent blue has a lot of depth of color to it. - liked both

    ReplyDelete